Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quick Graduation Card

I realized this morning that our neighbor's daughter was graduating from high school today.  Oops.  No card, no gift.  While they're not required, with these folks, it would be a nice gesture.  Enter quick grad card.  I actually CASED the basic card from a grad card I saw in Paper Crafts (May/June: Julie Masse's "You Did It!" card.) 

 

Ingredients:
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White: Stampin' Up, Star print: Michaels, Chipboard scrap (for mortarboard)
Stamp: Studio G
Ink: Basic Black: Stampin' Up
Misc: Pearl-Ex Mists (Interference Bronze), WOW brad: Making Memories (?) Pastels: Stampin' Up

Challenges:
Apron Strings: Five for Friday.  Use 1 Sheet cardstock, 1 Sheet patterned paper, 1 Set brads, 1 Set chipboard, 1 Length ribbon.  Obviously I blew this one a bit with the use of a stamp, pastels, mist, and white paper but I stuck as close as I could to the challenge while accomplishing what I needed so I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Scrapmaster's Paradise: Lime-a-licious Challenge.  Sorry.  No lime, only Olive.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Card. Great Job. Thank you for joining us over at the Scrapmaster's Paradise Lime-a-licious Challenge.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Gift!!! The star pattern paper is so cute!! I really think it is perfect for the Grad..TFS!!!

    Mistyrose

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super sweet and simple graduation card! I'm so glad you were able to join us with the SP and Co blog hop challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a great card! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing with us during our SP & Compnay Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute...:D TFS and playing along with SPandCompany blog hop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete