Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

"Creative Girl" tag

I picked the Creative Girl stamp up for a few bucks the other week at the Unity sale.  I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I HAD to have it.  There's a lot more I've got to find to do with it (I'm seeing some cards in its future) but when I saw My Unity Place was having a tag challenge, I thought it would be perfect.
I actually used a panel I saw online as my starting point but I knew I wanted to use a lot of blue (I'm still there after the ornaments card last week.)  There are actually 5 copies of the stamp on this tag. 
1. her dress
2. her body/hair (the red heart is a separate layer)
3. the embossed silver swirl background
4. the edge sentiment (the red heart is a separate layer again)
5. the 1st blue background which I distressed the edge of
The last layer was embossed and the embossed areas were tapped with TH's Denim and Walnut Stain.  I didn't care for those- they didn't pop enough, so I went back and tapped them again with silver ink.  Better.  Much better.

Ingredients:
Paper: Home Collection: Deja Views, Brocade Blue, Whisper White: SU, Manilla Folder, Michaels
Stamp: Creative Girl: Suzi Blu/Unity
Coloring: Silver ink: Encore, Brocade Blue, Basic Black inks: SU, Tuxedo Black ink: Momento, Copics
Misc: Lg. eyelet, Elegant Lines embossing folder: SU,  Silver EP: Joanns, Misc ribbons

Challenges:
My Unity Place: Make a tag
Craft Your Passion: #63: Paper Piecing
Southern Girls Challenge: #21: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment