Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Summer card

Flirty Anya was another stamp I picked up last week during my shopping spree (but wait!  there's more!)  I generally don't go girly (somehow I think you've heard that before) but I thought she was cute without being cloying and it doesn't hurt to have a girly stamp or three.  When I saw there were some summer challenges, I thought she'd be perfect.  As for the sketch, I took it rather literally for a change though I did have to move the sun- I realized I colored her highlights on the wrong side for the sketch to work as it was.  Oops.  The little things you don't think of right off the bat sometimes.

Deets: The light blue paper in the back was misted with the Interfernce Blue PearlEx mist I made.  The sun and crab have Crystal Effects on them and are pop-dotted (the crab is actually attached to the background on one side to make him look more like he's crawling along.)  Anya is paper pieced- the dress, flower and hair were all cut from different papers.


I actually did 2 of this card- 1 to keep and 1 to send to a friend whose teaching year is almost done.  I kinda prefer the Anya's placement on the 2nd- she isn't in the water quite as much.


Ingredients:
Stamps: Flirty Anya: The Greeting Farm   Everyday Flexible Phrases, On the Beach: Stampin' Up
Inks: Tuxedo Black: Momento
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Pink floral (hostess pad): Stampin' Up  Others: Michaels   Coloring: Copics, PearlEx mist (Interference Blue)
Other: Crystal Effects: SU  Sandpaper, Word Window punch: Stampin Up, Memory Makers tearing strips

Challenges:
Pear Tree Designs: #52: Summer Delights
The Corrosive Challenge Blog: #119: Summer Colors
Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog: #42: Summer
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Playing in the Summer Sun
create: Summer cards with waves
Kraftin' Kimmie: #81: Cut it Out 
Playing in Paradise: #18: Paper Piecing
Card Patterns: Sketch #118

12 comments:

  1. This card is so sweet! The girl is so cute and I love the use of the sandpaper. I would not have thought to use sandpaper. I might have to give that a try. TFS! All the best ~LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty..love those summaery colours!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, they're so cheerful! I used sandpaper on my card this week too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun way to interpret the sketch! I sometimes lack in the girly stamp department too, so I agree, it is good to have one, or three, on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun summery card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card!!!! Love the colors, the papers, and the cute little sun!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a perfect summery card for our challenge at pear tree design linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. For someone who 'doesn't do girlie' this card is pefect. Lovely stamp and details, especially love the little sun. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I love that beach!
    Thanks for Playing in Paradise with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is super cute! Love Anya's paper pieced dress! Very Summer-y all around and fabulous job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with The Corrosive Challenge for "Summer Colours"! :)
    Regan ~ Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet, I love the Anya images, have not got this one, but think I have about 12 others!!
    Thank you for entering in the Sweet Stampin challenge this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete