Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ippity Inspiration Project

It was a new week at Get Hippity with Ippity Challenge this week and it's Friday which means it's my inspiration project day!  May I just say that this one was definitely a challenge for me not because it's a hard theme- rain or showers- but because I have NO rain or showers related stamps.  Needless to say, that means that things get creative and in the end, I think that's a good thing.


I decided to make a scene of the sun shining through and holding off the rain.  I've used a brayer to put a gradiation of ink on a card all of once before... at a class... with an SU demo standing over our shoulders giving hints... 3 years ago.  Needless to say, the brayer was a bit of a challenge... after I went out and bought a new one since I couldn't find the one I picked up more than 5 years ago and never used.  Yeah.  It all went swimmingly!  LOL!  I intended for this to be a lot lighter on the bottom than it is- more of a baby blue but all things considered, not bad.  The only thing I wish was that I'd moved the sentiment up into the top 1/3 of the panel.  I really wanted to emphasize the rain but it just comes off looking a bit off-balanced.

I used Quotes a'la Happy for the sun and sentiment and Authentic Man for the rain (I was going to just put dashes in by hand when I realized Authentic Man has a stamp that could do it for me.)

If you're interested in buying these or any other great ippity sets and you don't yet have an ippity Chick, definitely keep Aletha Williams in mind!

Ingredients:
Stamps: (Quotes a'la Happy, Authentic Man): ippity
Ink: (Bliss Blue, Night of Navy, Basic Black): Stampin' Up
Paper: (Whisper White, Night of Navy, YoYo Yellow): Stampin' Up
Misc: (Twine): The Twinery, Copics

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #48: April Showers Rain or Snow OR anything water related (As for stash- I have a load of twine that I've won on line during the past year and while I've wanted to use it, I just haven't.)

4 comments:

  1. I think your brayered panel looks great! A very cool effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, Love the sunrise on this well done fab work .
    I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
    You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
    well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your creativity paid off, this card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the color combination you have used. The card really stands out!

    ReplyDelete