Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Dressed to Impress

I've been wanting to get in on an "Altered Alice" challenge but just couldn't come up with something that I wanted to enter.  Until now.  This month's theme is "Splendidly Dressed."  I've also wanted to get the Octopode Factory's Alice images for a haul now and while I'm not a huge digi person, they're definitely more affordable and flexible than rubber so I picked up 2 of Lily's images.  One, unsurprisingly, is the Cheshire Cat.  That only leaves us with the questions of what would the Cheshire Cat do to dress up and more importantly, WHY would he?  The answers I came up with are he'd probably wear a schnazzy collar and:


So.  Is it as ZZ Top said and 'cuz "every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man" or is it simply 'cuz "every girl's crazy" in Alice?  We may never know.  If you ever meet the Cheshire Cat, please ask him for me.

Details: The schnazzy collar and patches are made of a shimmery, metallic fabric that is from, wait for it, wait for it, a piece left over from my senior homecoming dress.  Don't make me tell you how old THAT is and why in the world I still have scraps of it over 2 decades later.  Yeah.  That long.
I put layer upon layer of Crystal Effects on his eyes to make them really shimmery and bulgy.  I also put a bit on his teeth to give them a glimmer.

5 comments:

  1. This girl is crazy 'bout a sharp dressed cat! Very cute, my friend! Love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I just love it. The eyes are perfect! So happy you joined the TAWS blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TE HE..... what a fab expresion on his face, wouldnt want to meet him on a dark night though !!
    Fab card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! I'm sure crazy about a sharp dressed cat, but hey, I'm the Mad Hatter of Wonderblog, LOL! Very clever take on the challenge, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Thanks for sharing how you made his eyes, that was the first thing that caught my attention. The whole thing is very cool.

    ReplyDelete