Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Unity May/June Growing in Unity Blog Hop



If you're here from the hop, welcome to the end of the trail- I'm your last stop. If you're here because you wuv me, awwww! Thanks for dropping by!

I was invited to come back to do one more project for Unity, participating in the May and June GIU Gals hop. Well, of course I said "YES!" immediately after getting Maria's email. Then the nervousness crept in. Would I get a "cool" stamp? One that would "jive" with my personality? The answer to that question was a resounding YES! Kelli (I'm guessing it was you Kelli. If not, thanks to the person who happened to randomly pick me for to be the recipient of Lexi) sent me Lexi Girl which I'm thrilled with. One of my favorite lines of Unity stamps is Angie Blom's Angie Girls so getting one of them was just perfect by me. (Of course, I realized later that this is a Angie Girl hop but that's beside the point- I still love Lexi.)

I recently saw a challenge for paper piecing and realized I hadn't done that in a while so the boxes and flowers are pieced. I added dots to Lexi's shirt just because I wanted to, nothing more. I used Copics to color the image.



If you haven't visited the rest of the hop stops, here they are in order. Don't forget to comment along the way- there will be two random winners who will be announced on Wednesday's GIU post.


Lucinde van Ballegooijen: http://lucilight.nl/cms/index.php/blog
Laura Turcotte: laurascreativeworld.blogspot.ca 

Brittany Morgan: http://craftypaperbee.blogspot.com/

Renee Moran: http://becauseofdelaneyjane.blogspot.com
Sheena Brooks: http://kanatanewfpapercrafts.blogspot.com/

Tara Sell: http://curlecues.blogspot.com/

Angela Walters: http://www.lifewithawienerdog.com/

Maria Levine: www.riacreations.blogspot.com

Jen Gerwig-Dively: You're kidding, right?! You're already here!  :)

Thanks again for dropping by and have a great remainder to your weekend!

33 comments:

  1. Love your card! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super cute!! Love the paper pieced basket and flowers. I'm pretty sure I need this stamp (I think I've said that about each one! But they're all so great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card!! I am fairly new to Unity stamps, and this girl is just so super cute!! Love your Lexi card & it's colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Lexi Girl card is adorable, Jen! I love the repetition of the dots and the colors make me think of Lexi as a sweet and friendly young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of the purple and green :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you colored Lexi! The colors just jump out. Also love the repetition of the dots. Beautiful card!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun colors! GREAT card.....LOVE it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card - your colouring is lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lexi is one of my favorites! Your coloring is fabulous. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Jen, this is gorgeous. Lovely piecing and coloring for her. So fabulous, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. The coloring is wonderful.
    The background papers really pick up the colors.
    The stamp makes me wish I was much younger and could take off on the bike.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is awesome!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful image! Love the paper piecing! Great colors and patterns, fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love this card! Colors are so pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Pretty card, I love all the polka dots going on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and love the polka dots you added!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty card, cute idea adding the dots to her shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you've colored your girl! The color of your designer paper goes so well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card, cute idea adding the dots to her shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Jen, you have done a fantastic job on Lexi. I love the paper piecing and your colouring is fabulous! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card. Amazing colouring. I love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love, love, love this card! Colors are so pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card,so full of colors,details and creativity.It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card you created, Jen! I love the bright colors and the patterned papers you chose. It is perfect for spring and summer. Life is a beautiful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love the pattern and detail you added to her! Beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful colors and coloring! Love it! Thanks so much for hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks amazing. I want more stamps. I need a lot of practice.

    ReplyDelete