Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

Growing in Unity Girl Week! Day 5!

Well. This is it. Day 5. Already. It's gone quickly but it was a great experience once again.

Today I did something a bit different. Instead of a card, I made 2 lunchbox notes for my son. I keep saying I'll put these in his lunch but I haven't yet consistently. Maybe this is the year.



I stamped the image and sentiment of the I Loaf You card directly onto a trimmed piece of manila folder, colored it with watercolor pencils and a bit of white gesso. (It was a whole lot closer than my white acrylic paint. lol!)

The lightbulb on the shine card was stamped onto white cardstock and I used a gold watercolor pencil to make the illumination marks. I trimmed it, mounted it on the manila card and stamped the sentiment. Both cards were then trimmed with a bit of washi tape.

I hope I've given you a bit of inspiration this week and you've enjoyed spending a bit of time with me. Don't forget to leave your comments- I'll draw a winner on Saturday. Have a great weekend!

Ingredients:
Stamps: I Loaf You and Shine, Shine Shine: Unity

Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Ink: Momento
Misc: Derwent & Staedtler watercolor pencils, Washi tape: who knows?!

14 comments:

  1. Great idea for the lunch boxes and even if he gets just a few, he will remember them. I always meant to leave notes for my kids, but alas, didn't do it much and now my kids are 24 & 26. I am sending lots of cards by snail mail to them and to my granddaughter, so it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea and I'm sure you're son loves it, too. Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lunchbox notes. I should have done this back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute notes. I used to put notes in my kiddos' lunch boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these little cards are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loaf your cards! Well done! Thanks for spending the week with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the lunchbox notes for my husband! I love doing the little one just because. It's a great way to make someone feel special. I've really enjoyed your week. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cards you made this week. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great week. I enjoyed all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little note cards. I am sure your son will enjoy them. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cute! Lunchbox notes are so sweet (at any age, so you can save them if you forget!).

    ReplyDelete