Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finally- a Tim Holtz 2011 tag- Tag #1!

I actually managed to get this in while it was 2011- I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen.  The first tag he posted was probably my fav so I've started there (there will be a few that I won't even consider making... sorry Tim.)

Generally, I like the way it turned out though I missed the "rub off quite a bit of the embossing powder" step so the whole tag is more white than I'd like- it makes it a bit hard to read "SNOW" in glitter.  Oh well.  First try, I'm ok with that.

I hand cut the pinecone spiral since I don't have the die- one turned out better than the other but pinecones can look darn scruffy.  I almost went and got 2 real pinecones for this- I have a bag FULL of these types that's been sitting around for years waiting for the right use.  I decided to stick to paper though.  The banner was hand cut too.  The pearls, crystal and bells have been in my stash for YEARS (the bells probably go back into the early 90's) and I just put them on headpins and made dangles of them.  The ribbon was baby blue and I dirtied it up a bit with the Denim and Walnut inks.

I'll try to get back on here later to document the exact items I used to make it:
Ink: Faded Jeans, Walnut: Tim Holtz, Basic Brown: Stampin Up
Paper: Manilla folder, music paper from a song book
Punches: Fern: ?, Holly: ?
Embossing folder/dies: Snowflakes?:?, Flourish?:?, Happy Hauntings: Cricut (letters)
Misc: Embossing Powder: Joanns, ?:Stickles, Ribbon: ?, Mini bells, pearls, beads, Glass glitter:?

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #32: Use ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday #66: Anything Goes
Simon Says: Tim Holtz Tag
Whimsical Wednesday: Tag

5 comments:

  1. Wow this came out amazing! I love all the details, and am so impressed that you did those pine cones yourself. You should stop by WD and upload this in the tag challenge. ;) All the best for the New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your tag is really pretty. Such a lovely background! I also love your festive greenery in the center of the tag and the music banner running behind it. Thanks so much for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhh, this is stunning, gorgeous, and utterly delightful! Beautiful tag.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh my.....now are you not just the "creative one" making your own pinecone cut outs!! YOU ROCK as does your tag!!

    THANKS bunches for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is absolutely gorjuss!! Love everything about it!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete