Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girl's bday card

So Boy has been invited to 2 birthday parties tomorrow.  Maybe it's just me but I generally give folks more than 1wk warning on birthday parties- he received both invites Fri. afternoon last week.  Color me silly I guess.  Anywho. 

Bday #1.  The invites were Dora themed so I'm guessing maybe the whole party will be Dora-ish (I've never even seen the girl so I have NO idea if she's a huge Dora fan.)  I'm guessing she's a bit girly based on that (possibly a bad assumption but that invite is all I know about her- my 3yr old can't tell me diddly) so I went with a girly card.  My girly stamps are minimal so I was going with a dress up doll.  Then I thought I could make it Dora colored and such.  Not perfect but at least I know I tried.
Ingredients:
Stamps: Doll: Buttons, Bows & Twinkletoes: SU (I redrew and trimmed her hair a bit to make it more like Dora and added long sleeves to the dress for the same reason.)  Sentiment: Hero Arts
Paper: Yellow & White: Michaels, Shimmery purple: DCWV's Latte pack, Glitter... Target I think
Punch: Boho Blossoms: SU

Challenges:
Get Sketchy #81
Desert Islands Crafters Challenge #5: Use 3
1. Ribbon
2. Glitter: Glitter paper... maybe counts
3. Birthday theme... Got it
4. Bow
5. Dots
6. Pearls
7. Child image... does a doll count?
8. Balloons image... Got it
9. Bright colors... I think so.
10. Easel card technique

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will love it - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I am a new follower, so glad I found you.

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, and you managed to use 5 items from the Itinerary, that's wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Desert Islands Crafters, hope to see you back again soon.
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete