Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

GIU- Day 2

Sorry if you saw an early version of this post yesterday.  It got away from me before I managed to schedule the post time.  The joys of computers.

Anywho.  Welcome back!  For today's Growing in Unity projects, I used the fun "Halloween Greetings" set.  LOVE the witchy gal!




I've been wanting try coloring on kraft paper and I just picked up a small set of Derwent's "Inktense" pencils so this was the perfect opportunity.  Of course, after doing a more muted card, I wanted to do a bright one also so there's card #2.

Please make sure you leave comments for me all of this week.  I'll be drawing a winner from all comments on Sunday and the winner will get two Itty Bittys of their choice from Unity.  Good luck!

Ingredients:
Stamps: (Halloween Greetings): Unity
Papers: (CS): Stampin' Up, (Designer papers): Stampin' Up, My Mind's Eye, Graphic 45, Target
Misc: (Green glitter glue): Studio G, (Watercolor pencils): Staedtler, Derwent

Challenges:
The Kraft Journal: Favorite kraft project of 2013

26 comments:

  1. Great withy cards! How do you like those Inktense pencils? They're on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I've been hearing and reading alot about the Inktense pencils, did you like them? Your coloring looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 2 cards! I just got the same stamp recently and haven't inked it up yet! Your coloring looks great! Terrific paper choices and color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen, what a cute card! I do so love Halloween... thanks for popping by my blog and the sweet comments on my paintings. Yes, I love number 2 as well she really came out with lots of personality :D
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Kraft peeking through on the top in the background and tag. What a fun little halloween set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love that witch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring and designs, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love how you did two versions of this adorable Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like how you're showing us two cards each day. Great coloring and fussy cutting on the image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute! I just love Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just ordered this stamp...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pumpkin border is really cute---it adds to the Halloweenyness of the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute cute cute....... great color tones

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE purple and orange together. I had a dress in those colors when I was 8--I HAD to have it. It was "expensive", but my mom finally agreed. I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute cards and love the different backgrounds and colors. This little witch is anything but scarey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I'm.ready. for Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute witches!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute Halloween cards! Been meaning to try the coloring on Kraft paper. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK... now you are making me want to start Halloween cards. Cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your fun little Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cackling like a witch..she is adoreable..beautiful cards!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know I was on a Halloween moment a few days ago and anyone who knows me know I love FALL & WINTER. I like spring and summer but its something bout those FALL & Winter Holidays. Any way I thought would it be to early if I start making card for Halloween. Well it is not. lol Thanks for the inspiration. And both of your cards are just lovely. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete