Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Digital bird card for Tip Top Tuesday Guest Designer post

I was invited to be a Guest Designer by the lovely ladies over at Tip Top Tuesday and boy was it an experience!  Initially the challenge was to use an image from Robyn's Fetish and to make a card where EVERYTHING on the card was the same shape as the card- all stars, all squares, etc.  Since I'd never made anything but rectangular and the very occasional square card AND I'd only used a digi once, needless to say it was interesting.  In the end, the challenge was scaled down to anything as long as it was Christmas since everyone seemed to be struggling with the the shape limitations.  I somewhat stuck with my original plan of scalloped circles though the outer shape is a circle- I couldn't get a scallop that big.  As it was, I used this as my excuse to finally buy myself a set of nested scalloped circles from Spellbinders... just don't tell my husband.  ;)  I tried to add crinkled scallop flowers and then scalloped medallion flowers but everything was just too cluttered so I simply embossed the scallop layer with 2 more Spellbinders dies.  It's almost impossible to see in the pix but the scalloped paper is Shimmer White from SU and I used a pearl shimmer paint on top of all of the yellow/gold coloring.

Ingredients:
Paper: (Real Red, Whisper White, Shimmer White) Stampin' Up
Other: (Nested Scallop Dies) Spellbinders, Copics, (Pearl Pen) Viva, (Frost White All Purpose Ink)Tsukineko

2 comments:

  1. You've got a beautiful card here plus the added bonus of some new nesties! The coloring is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love the vibrant colors! :) Beautifully done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete